People say your 20s are the most important years of your life. When your in your 20s, you’re never too young or too old for anything. It is your 20s when it is very much acceptable that you still haven’t figured out your life yet; your years of discovering and learning.
Now that I’m 25, halfway through my 20s, I took it upon myself to compile 25 things that life has taught me in my 25 years of existence.
- What you don’t know won’t hurt you.
- Most of the time, holding on does more damage than letting go.
- Kindness is not overrated; It can never be.
- Time heals most wounds, only if you let it.
- Life is not meant to be easy. Don’t be so hard on yourself, give yourself a break.
- Most of the things that you worry about now won’t even matter eventually.
- Always look out for yourself. It’s not being selfish, it’s just that in the end, you won’t have anyone else to help you but yourself.
- There is no right time to do things. It is when you decide it is.
- Not everyone is going to like you. What others think of you shouldn’t matter.
- If you’ve got nothing nice to say, it’s better to keep it to yourself. Not only will you hurt the person involved, but even yourself.
- .. and let’s not forget, what goes around comes back around. Karma is a bitch.
- Cut the toxic people out of your life. Life is too short to waste your time and energy on people who make you feel like crap.
- The only person you should compare yourself to is your old self.
- Have patience and always have faith that better things are coming.
- It’s okay to not be okay. Surrender your feelings and cry if you have to.
- Your body will change. Accept and love it anyway.
- Failures only make you wiser and stronger.
- You’ve only had a bad day, life is good and too beautiful to ponder on the negatives.
- Always, always be grateful. A grateful heart is a happy heart.
- Let go and let God. Stop stressing over things or situations that you cannot control.
- Learn to appreciate the little things. Happiness starts there, my friend.
- Feed your soul. With books, good food, breath-taking places, awesome company, etc.
- Staying in can be just as fun as going out. Take time to enjoy your own company.
- Age is but a number. It doesn’t have to define who you are, where you are, or where you are going in life.
- And most of all, you don’t have to have it all figured out at 25.
You must be logged in to post a comment.